Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Now Senior & Weight Management Cat Formula




Mr. Cheddar here....





As they say in Vegas, I hit the JACKPOT big time recently. The kibble jackpot that is!

 In case you missed all the exciting and yummy details about this recent win, you can read about it here.Suffice to meow, I was one happy dude. You can tell by that glazed look above, can't ya???

There was only one surprise in the bunch that I was not expecting.

 Lo and behold, a bag of the dreaded SENIOR/WEIGHT-MANAGEMENT type of kibs was part of the mix! Of course, I immediately planned to throw THAT particular bag out and fast. But wouldn't you know it, Meowmie managed to stopped me, just in the flick of the tail time! She mumbled something about taking care of it herself so I left it at that. After all, I don't make a habit of doing menial tasks like taking out the trash! Far from it.


Well, it turns out that the humans were smarter than I thought, this time. Much, much smarter!

 Did this bag of kibble actually land in the trash? Or was it perhaps given to some geriatric fat-cat in need?

Nooooo....this kibble ended up being part of the menu here!
And ultimately, ended up inside the Cheddar-barrel tummy!!!

How did this miscarriage of cat-justice happen, you ask? Well, as I don't actually pour my own kibble each day, I'm not always aware of what is being served at din-din time. I leave that to the humans. After all, what do they really have to do with all that time on their hands? Don't answer that if your human is reading this right now but... snort, we felines know!!!

The evidence that I had actually eaten this bag of Now Senior & Weight Management Cat Formula was made abundantly clear when I noted the EMPTY bag in the recycle bin.

Alas and alack...I had been slickered!!! And not slicker-brushed either.

And now for the real surprise in all this. This cat food tasted oh so yummy! :<)

All my precatceived ideas about what a weight-management dry cat food would taste like got chucked faster than a furball! I mean this stuff isn't just good, it's greeeeeeattttt!

Of course, we all know that I am NOT overweight. And of course, I am only on the outer cusp of being considered a senior cat at 8. And even that number is debatable as my birth certificate got lost somewhere along the way. So this is of course only a guessitimate made as usual by the imperfect and oh so often incorrect humans who call the shots, more often than not.

 In reality, I am probably only about 4!!! So young and youthful looking am I. Do you not agree? Look at that firm jawline in the photo above. I know Meowmie is oh sooooo jealous!!! Snort. Oops, digressing...

But for those cats and humans they live with out there who are of a certain age and/or might have a bit of a bag-belly problem to work on, I can highly recommend Now Senior & Weight Management Cat Formula. Full of yummy turkey, veggies, oh even fruit....how clever. But it's a long list so here's the scoop from the people who actually make it.

Ingredient list for your perusal from the Petcurean Website:

De-boned turkey, potato flour, peas, pea fibre, whole dried egg, potatoes, tomato, flaxseed, apples, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), alfalfa, de-boned salmon, de-boned duck, natural flavour, coconut oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), lecithin, carrots, pumpkin, bananas, blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, papayas, pineapple, grapefruit, lentil beans, broccoli, spinach, cottage cheese, alfalfa sprouts, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, phosphoric acid, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, DL-methionine, taurine, vitamins (vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (a source of vitamin C), niacin, inositol, vitamin A supplement, thiamine mononitrate, d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, beta-carotene, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), minerals (zinc proteinate , ferrous sulphate, zinc oxide, iron proteinate, copper sulphate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), dried kelp, L-lysine, dried chicory root, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Aspergillus niger fermentation product, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation product, yucca schidigera extract, yeast extract, L-carnitine, marigold, dried rosemary.

There's also a whole lot of other info. over at their website about all their products and how to choose the best for your own particular needs. Get your human to check it out and DO have them write down your final choices. They are so easily distracted at times! Sigh...

I give this cat food (after getting over my initial shock that it was a senior/weight-management formula!) the Cheddar Paw's UP!!! It's A-OK, I just don't like the name of it. And now, I'm off for another nosh!

And Meowmie's rating (yeah, like she actually tried it, snort):

Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5.

16 comments:

  1. Great review Ched. You really tell it like it is. But you should be open to trying new things. See how good it turned out, this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we need some of that in dog flavor.... the vet told me I was fat last week! Can you imagine?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Cheddar, this is the first time I've read one of your reviews. You are really funny. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Cheddar,
    Great review!
    B buys this now and then, and true it's sooo good!
    Maybe you could recommend a name change...surely the humans can come up with a more creative way to describe cats of a certain age...
    B has started to become tough with us, she's back to putting away the food just after 1/2 hour or so...how undignified is that? So it's hurry eat or starve til she gets back from her job. She muttered a terrible word the other day when she didn't think I was near..."obese"...well living in an apartment doesn't give a guy much chance to run or exercise(no stairs to climb)...surely she could be more sensitive to my feelings when describing my tummy fat.
    Anyways...High 4's for a wooonderful review! Keep them coming Ched!!!
    You ARE the cat's Miaow!
    Herbert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pawmie, Yeah, this time it was ok but don't think that means I'm open to just any old thing! Snort....

    Hi Rumpy, It hardly bears considering what some of these humans are capable of saying to us. Just last week, Meowmie was giving me a combing and commented on a bit of tummy flab. Yeah, like she's one to talk. I say, give it back to them with both barrels!!! Is this vet fat by chance? Snort...

    Hi Bongo, You are an ok doggie. Thanks Bongo!

    Hi Herbert, Well, the short time for the kibs is the norm here too but let's face it, at dindin time, the kibble doesn't last that long in the bowl, anyways. I'm actually ok with that. As far as the O word, don't put up with that!!! It is hard for us house cats to get the optimum level of exercise each day so I've gotten creative. Stepping on the humans heads in the morning while they are trying to sleep and rearranging book shelves in my own special way, are ones you might want to try. Thanks for your positive vibes Herbert and headbonks back to you and Arthur. Hope he's ok too.

    Headbonks, The Chedster, Celebrity Blogger and NOT FAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha i am glad your senior weight management food tastes just a good...i wish they could do the same for us humans...haha...my older cat miko (12y) might need to consider...though her brother Domino (6 mo) is as big as her now...we think he might be part lion...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joe, I think we should all be open to new things to try but Ched certainly is a creature of habit most of the time. I'm so glad he likes this cat food. A lot!

    Hi Rumpy, I know they have a lot of different varieties for dogs too. It's not only cats who need to watch their waistlines LOL.

    Hi Bongo, Mr. Cheddar and I are so pleased to read that!

    Hi Herbert, Oh, the O word indeedy!! Yes, that would be rather traumatic, I agree but your mom has your best interest at heart, I'm sure. And if the Ched likes this cat food, you might enjoy it too. And Ched is kind of finicky. ;<)

    Hi Ched, Oh Ched, you are so catty! I like your tell it like it is attitude though and yes, you are rather witty too.

    Hi Brian, LOL, yeah, I'd buy a bag of the human kind if it was available. Somehow I don't think it would be quite as appealing as popcorn. ;<) You might want to give this food a try for your cats though. Let me know if they enjoy it.

    Happy Thursday and thanks for stopping by, G :<)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This food definitely agrees with you because you are one good-looking puss with a sharp wit. Good luck for more wins in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy the Ched gives you the paw up, mine just throw at anything that is not their regular food.....little beasts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ched,
    BTW,
    Have you had any fun with that pink yarn your Meowmie has been knitting up a storm with? I'm sure you could have a little creative exercise with that, heehee...anyways Arthur wanted to let you know that he's not enjoying the new feeding regime here either, it's quite shocking really. But B does seem determined this time to cut back on our mealtimes, and well... I must admit I'm beginning to look forward to mealtimes, when the food is fresher...not to let her know, mind you.
    BFN
    In feline solidarity,
    H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Georgia, Mr. Cheddar so loved your comment, he is quite vain about his appearance. ;<) But he is a good looking feline I agree. Rather witty too. Thanks for stopping in.

    Hi Lorraine, LOL, Mr. Cheddar is actually quite finicky but he seems to like anything from Petcurean that's been on the menu so far. Maybe a brand your gang would like too.

    Hi Herbert, Ched has been trying to assist with the Fair Isle project, especially when the color chart and other balls of wool are available for his perusal! And yes, it is better for felines not to snack all day long. I've read this and heard this from several vets along the way. Then din-din time is special and the flavours and aromas, more enjoyable and fresh. Your mom is doing good!

    Happy Weekend and thanks for your comments and visits to MRLR, G :<)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that science is benefiting our friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mr. Ched,
    I'm wondering if you could put a suggestion to our good friends who make Go and Now cat food. I would find it helpful if the package had a resealable (ziploc) kind of closure. I do store the food in the bag, and keep it sealed with packing tape, which doesn't work well. ):
    (I know I could probably empty the package into a large tub, with a tight fitting lid,) - but this is what I presently do.
    I am very pleased with the food, as it is high in protein, with vegetables and fruits added, and no grain - and Herbert and Arthur do like it alot.
    Once again; an excellent review!!
    Cheers!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Come at Me Bro, LOVE your blog name btw. Thanks for stopping in.

    Hi SandyC, Sure works for Mr. Cheddar! ;<)

    Hi Brenda, That is an excellent idea. I usually twist tie the bag closed or pour into a big glass jar, if it's a bigger bag. I would click through to the Petecurean site from the link above and send them a note. I'm sure they'd appreciate the feedback from you and the guys! They even sent Mr. Cheddar an email last week so definitely on the feline-radar. :<)

    Happy Week, G

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've done a great review. Cats will surely love this new food flavor. However, I wonder if my Mynx would love this as well. Anyway, I hope that they will be able to manufacture the same product for dogs.

    Pet Supplies Chicago

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...