Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Desert Essence Castile Liquid Soap

 

This will be a short review. There isn't much to say about this soap except NOT to buy it!

I had high hopes for this product. I liked the fact that it was recommended not just for hand-washing (as is the case with a lot of liquid soaps) but also for face and body use too. The ingredient list was better than average too as was the price, about $7. for an 8 ounce bottle.

So what's wrong with this soap?

In a word, it STINKS!!! My husband has compared it to the smell of 10W30 (whatever that is) LOL.  It reminds me of that smell when you take your car in for service. How the garage and the mechanics smell. Yes, it really is that gross.

Definitely not something you'd want to shower with and try out on a first date either LOL!!! Unless you're dating a mechanic, they might like it. Sorry, I'm digressing with the garage jokes... No offence intended to anyone in that industry. I've got a lot of respect for good mechanics.

The pump on this product is also poorly designed. It sticks straight out from the bottle so if you don't keep your hand completely covering it when you pump the soap, you end up with it all over the walls, not in your hand. Someone was definitely having a bad day in the design department, when they came up with this one! ;<)

I like to buy green, organic and healthier choices whenever possible and that includes hand soaps. Many of the mainstream liquid hand soaps available are chemical nightmares. But the natural alternatives have to work and they have to be pleasant to use. Desert Essence Castile Liquid Soap is not in that category. It not only stinks and how, it doesn't really clean well either.

If you click through to the product page at their site, you can read what some customers had to say about this product. Maybe relatives? Or people with no sense of smell.

 I know I won't be buying this "stinker" again!

Overall rating for this product: BAD. O out of 5.

10 comments:

  1. Well, this certainly sounds like a poorly thought out product!
    Unfortunate bottle design, as well.
    Thanks for the helpful review!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snicker* 'eau de garage' the latest parfewwwwwwwme lol

    Just cos it's green does't make it good clearly. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a pre-scheduled post. I'm recovering from an eye injury on Friday. Getting better but limiting my time online until I'm completely recovered. Thanks to all who have commented over at Happy Break and sent emails wishing me well. It all helps and most appreciated.

    Brenda and Cathy, thanks for your comments. This product really is a stinker in all senses of the word.

    BFN, G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure glad I didn't buy it. I think 10W30 is motor oil!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks. i don't need yet another reason to make people flee from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent review. I wouldn't recommend buying this either. And yes Sandy, 10W30 IS motor oil.

    It really does stink and the pump is so poorly designed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh heavens I had the same reaction it must smell heavenly now thanks to you I won't make that mistake , thank you dear Mme Reviewer, If i weren't so darned poor I'd buy you a present and for themost highest Ched too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi SandyL, Yes indeed, motor oil. Knew it was something to do with autos LOL.

    Hi Ed, You made me LOL with your comment Ed, thanks! Not that I believe it for a minute about those fleeing people. ;<)

    Hi Joe, So true about this product.

    Hi Lorraine, It does sound lovely, I agree. I ordered this online so no way to tell ahead of time. Ahhhh...no presents required, but so nice of you to say. Cheddar appreciates it too, of course. :<)

    Happy Week, G

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Desert Essence" makes me thinks my hands will not be moisturized....Thanks for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. iquid hand soaps do more than get your hands clean. They're also made to keep your skin nourished and healthy.
    Dr. Woods Products

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...