Saturday, September 6, 2014

Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil







I started using this oil as part of the Shangri-La diet, taking 1 or 2 Tablespoons each day to curb my appetite. It works like a charm.

Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil has a very mild flavor, unlike Extra Virgin Olive Oil, so it is easy to take a spoonful, straight. It might sound strange but this really is an easy way to cut down on other calories. 

You can read more about my experiences of following the Shangri-La diet here.  

Although I used the sugar-water option previously instead of the ELOO, I am happier with the oil this time as I think it's healthier and is still just as effective as I found taking the sugar water was. Again, to really understand how this diet works, read the book. 

I easily lost almost 20 lbs. following this diet a few years ago. This time, I've been following it for about 2 weeks and have already dropped over 5 pounds, again almost effortlessly.

 I no longer snack at night but otherwise I'm eating sensibly but whatever I want throughout the day. Snacking at night can really "pile on the pounds" and with this diet, I no longer feel the need to eat anything after supper. That is a BIG change for me and a definitely a very easy way to lose weight. 

Back to the oil. Although I prefer EVOO overall, for using with this diet and for baking and frying at higher temps. (the ELOO has a higher smoke point) I would definitely recommend  Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil.

A couple more good points, it's reasonably priced and is still being bottled in glass at this point. I hope they continue to use this packaging and not plastic.

Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are getting results
    that makes it all so much fun and exciting

    so nice to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back to blogging Tammie. Hope you had a great summer.

      Delete
  2. This oil is also good for frying. Having a higher smoke point really helps. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a versatile product, that's for sure. ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...