Thursday, March 3, 2016

Boogie Board eWriter (Jot 4.5)



Boogie Board eWriter (Jot 4.5)


I recently found out about Boogie Board eWriters and I am loving my Jot 4.5! :-)

In case you aren't familiar with these nifty little gadgets, Boogie Board eWriters are a great alternative to paper to-do lists and so much more.

Write on the Boogie Board with the included stylus (or even your fingernail!) and when you no longer need that particular list, just press the erase button and voila, you have a clear screen to start over with.

No batteries, no on/off switch.. Boogie Board is ready when you are. :-)

I have ours hanging on a hook by the kitchen door, for easy use/reference. I add things to the list as I need to do them (or have Joe do them) ;-) instead of writing paper notes/lists that tend to get lost along the way, not to mention wasting paper too. 

Here's some additional info about the Jot 4.5 eWriter :


-Jot down notes and erase with the press of a button

-Compact, lightweight design fits easily in a purse or pocket

-Tapered stylus attaches securely to case

-Unique stack-able design for easy use and storage

-Thumbtack holes for hanging notes on a pegboard (or similar surface)

And here's a wonderful short video: Writing Redefined, from the Boogie Board company, that I found not only informative, but touching too. Click through to view, it's worth it! 

The Jot 4.5 is currently on sale at Amazon for less than $15, so a great time to pick one up for your own use or as a thoughtful gift. They come in a variety of colors and with optional covers available too, in case you want to take your BB on the go!

***

If you prefer a larger eWriter, the Jot 8.5 has several additional features that make it even more versatile. Perfect for not only note-taking but also sketching, doodling, brain-storming.... all kinds of fun!



Boogie Board Jot 8.5 

The next time you reach for a piece of paper and a pen, don't! Grab a Boogie Board LCD eWriter instead, the tree-friendly alternative to memo pads, sketchbooks, sticky notes, dry eraser boards, and other writing/drawing mediums.

Sketch, write, draw, without paper then start over with the touch of a button. Perfect for the car, office, classroom, kitchen, or backpack.

Jot 8.5 is 50% Brighter.  It features erase button, durable, shatterproof plastic. LCD 3V replaceable battery. Stylus dock pressure-sensitive writing surface. Neoprene sleeve  protects your Boogie Board eWriter during transport eliminating unwanted screen marks.

The folks at Boogie Board are great too! :-)

 I had some questions about my Jot 4.5 that they answered quickly and completely. I also contacted them about some of their other products, again a quick, courteous and complete reply to my query.

Excellent customer service for any product is IMO, just as important as the actual item. I don't want to wait days for an email/phone reply from any company I've bought something from but sadly, that's all to often what happens. But not the case with the team at Boogie Board, they are on top of things and doing it right, the first time!

Overall rating for this product: Excellent. 5 out of 5

20 comments:

  1. Who knew that this existed? How do you find these things? I went on Amazon and see that it does take a battery (Lithium - included). I wonder how long that lasts and if it can be replaced?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jot 4.5 does not have a replaceable battery but I noted that some of the bigger models do. Warranty is for a year with mine so I'm ok with that, will probably last even longer as I cross out items rather than always erasing and starting over.

      As far as finding new things, I'm glad I'm doing good. :-) I love to try new things and also to share them here.

      Let me know if you give Boogie Board a try Barb.

      Delete
  2. Excellent review. I'm really enjoying using this Boogie Board too, what a great idea.

    I love to save paper too.

    And what a great price at Amazon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a great time to pick one up at Amazon, that price is hard to beat. :-)

      Delete
  3. This looks good. I use scrap paper for writing lists. So much these days is still printed only on one side of the paper, I use the other side for lists. Plus for writing the very first drafts of poems and notes for stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re-use envelopes etc...too Juliet. But often, those "scraps" get lost on my desk and other places. With the BB, I know I can refer to a list, again and again.

      Delete
  4. I use scrap paper for lists and printing, so long as a printed item isn't for other people. Next to that is the mobile phone. I can put anything on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a cell phone Val but I didn't realize they can be used for notes too, interesting.

      Delete
  5. It looks neat. Can you transfer what you write or draw to an iPad or computer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about that Sandy. I do know that the larger BB are often used for sketching etc.

      Delete
  6. new too me, so cool, very interesting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geraldine, what a nifty little item! I like that you can use it for various things. And I REALLY like that it doesn't require batteries. That is VERY cool!

    Oh, and I watched the video clip and really enjoyed it.

    Once again, grrreat review! And thanks so much for sharing, my friend!

    Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a lovely video Ron and brought up such good things to consider, how we rush around so often, getting so stressed...when the really important things are usually simple and close by. I LOVED the message and how it was presented too.

      Yes, the BB I have is suppose to last for thousands of uses and then it can be recycled. No on,off switch, no battery to replace...and so many trees to be saved too.

      I hope you have a great weekend too, G

      Delete
  8. Hi Geraldine - so glad u reviewed this. My sis got me a boogie board about 3 years ago. I use to draw a pic - snap a photo of it before I cleared the board and then took it into a digital painting program and finish it off. What a good reminder to get my boogie board out again. I loved using it in the car on a trip - I would sketch what I saw as we went along. Loved your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your BB story Sandy, that's so cool.

      And I'm so happy you enjoyed my review.

      Have a great weekend, G

      Delete
  9. Now this would be really useful to me. I could carry it with me and sketch to my heart's content!
    Thank you so much for this fabulous review, Geraldine...this is definitely going onto my wish list!

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've read, a lot of people use their larger BB for sketching.

      I hope you give one a try soon Ygraine, I think you'll love it.:-)

      Delete
    2. P.S. Big hugs back to you too. Have a wonderful Sunday.

      Delete
  10. Sounds interesting and more important...useful, too.
    For my own needs...maybe not so much.
    Great learning whats out there and its uses...thank you Geraldine~

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jan these ewriters are interesting and have so many uses too. Now I want a bigger one to doodle and sketch on.

      And than you, for stopping by and commenting.:-)

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...