Saturday, February 27, 2016

G. H. Cretors Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Popcorn






 POPCORN!!! :-)


And I have finally found a commercial bagged popcorn that tastes delish and has an ingredient list I can smile about too.

G. H. Cretors Organic Extra Virgin Olilve Oil Popcorn has a fresh, unique flavor, with just a hint of the olive oil it's popped in.

It's unlike any commercial popcorn I've ever tried before. 

Nice and crunchy but with no hard bits that can be tough on teeth.

An ingredient list that's simple and hard to beat:

-organic popcorn
-organic, extra-virgin olive oil
-sea salt

That's it! 

Compared to most commercial popcorn brands this is definitely a change for the better; so many mainstream brands leave much to be desired when it comes to what's in the bag! 

I noted that this popcorn is sold in a 12 pack at Amazon for just over $48 with free shipping. At $4. a bag, this is a great price too, for such a quality snack product. Also sold as individual bags (4.4 OZ (125 g) .

Each bag provides 3 generous servings IMO. And I sure don't want to skimp when I'm eating popcorn, do you? ;-)

G. H. Cretors also sells a variety of other types of popcorn-snacks (sweet and salty). You can check them all out at their site. 

I love that this is a healthier popcorn/snack option. But it's the taste that keeps me coming back for more, again and again. As I've written above, this one has a unique, subtle olive oil flavor, and with just the right touch of sea salt.

It really does take popcorn to a whole new level of yummmm.... :-)


From the G. H. Cretors site:


Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Today we make our Extra Virgin Olive Oil popped corn with three timeless ingredients: Organic Popcorn, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Sea Salt.

We still use traditional small batch methods to pop our corn, like Great Grandpa Cretors did, but we have stayed modern by keeping our focus on purity.

Each Organic batch is popped to perfection and seasoned with just the right amount of sea salt.

From our kitchen to yours! Enjoy!

-We use only Organic Ingredients

-Made with Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

-No artificial flavors or colors

-Non-GMO Project Verified

-Certified Gluten Free




And how's this for a popcorn stat??

 Americans eat around 

17 billion quarts of popcorn every year

An amount that would fill the Empire State Building 18 times!


Overall rating for this product: Excellent. 5 out of 5

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful info, Geraldine. I love popcorn and I also enjoy the taste of extra virgin olive oil. My hubby who is diabetic watches how many carbs are in his snacks, this popcorn would fit in beautifully...thank you.

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you and your hubby give this popcorn a try Jan. I think you'll love it.

      Hugs back to you, G

      Delete
  2. Geraldine, you won't believe this but I just recently tried this brand of popcorn back in December. Someone I work with gave me a bag as a Christmas treat. It wasn't the one mentioned in your post, it was the Double Chocolate Caramel Corn and it was BEYOND delicious!!!! It was the best brand of flavored popcorn I had every tasted. And now that you reminded me of what an excellent brand it is, I will be checking out the one you mentioned here, plus the other varieties. I LOVE popcorn!

    Thanks for the SUPER review, my friend!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is quite a coincidence Ron! I'm glad you enjoyed their other sweet popcorn blend, sounds interesting. I think you'll love this OO version, it really is different and delish. I'm addicted, can ya tell. LOL!!! But in a good way. ;-)

      Thanks for your visit and kind words and happy Sunday, G

      Delete
  3. Excellent review, as always.

    This is the best commercial popcorn I've ever tasted. Not all popcorn is created equal. I like the olive oil flavor a lot.Salted just right too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, all popcorn brands are definitely not created equal. GH Cretors is in the top ratings, that's for sure. Hard to beat. Glad I found this brand at amazon.ca too.

      Delete
  4. Goodness, Geraldine, it's years and years since I had popcorn. I don't even know if it's still popular in the UK. I must ask around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think popcorn is popular everywhere Val, it's a universal kind of snack, especially when it comes to watching a movie. My fav film snack!!! Let me know if you give this one a try. :-)

      Delete
  5. I don't eat popcorn very often, not even in the cinema, but this sounds like a good one

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must look for this in the stores to see if I can try a bag. Perhaps at Whole Foods? I'd rather not buy a bunch at Amazon until I'm sure we like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also buy the single bags at Amazon Barb, the 12 pk. is just a better bargain. And if you love this popcorn and have others in your home that do too, I'm guessing 12 would go pretty fast. ;-)

      Delete
  7. I am not a popcorn eater, but my husband is. We will be looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popcorn is another of my fave snacks!
    I usually buy microwave packs, but I just have to try this...:)
    Another great review, Geraldine!
    Many thanks for sharing.

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do try it Ygraine. If you love popcorn, I think you'll love this brand/type. We devoured a bag last night, watching the old Richard Burton movie, Night of the Iguana. Great movie, great snack!!!

      Hugs back to you and have a great week, G

      Delete
    2. well i left a comment but it disappeared stomach not doing too good I can have white rice, white bread, pineapple, oranges, if I'm careful, can't eat soy, can eat egg, but refuse to eat animals and I'm stuck apple sauce I can eat, but not apples what is wrong with that picture arrrrgh hugs

      Delete
    3. Sorry about the disappearing comment L, that's strange.

      How about white popcorn? That's a limited list you've got there. :-(

      Hugs to you, G

      Delete
  9. This sounds really good and 5 out of 5 tells me you really like it. I don't eat much popcorn but my husband does - or well he use to - i will tell him about this. Hope your week goes great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you give it a try Sandy, yes it really is that good. :-)

      I hope your week is off to a good start too. I've had a hectic day so far, time to chill a bit now.

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...