Tuesday, June 21, 2016

RV Living: The Naked Hippies Way




RV LIVING: The Naked Hippies Way


Live Your Dreams. Don't wait for "Someday"

The sub-title of this book, SUCH good advice. 

But all too often, it's so easy to put our dreams on hold for "someday". 
And that day might never come. 

Although I have no interest in become a full-time RVer, I just LOVED THIS BOOK!


RV Living by Trisha Barnes is so much more than just a guide to living the RV lifestyle. 

The author's story (actually her and her hubby's) and their advice may be helpful to anyone who is contemplating a lifelong dream, perhaps sitting on the fence about a decision to change their own lifestyle in a big way, starting over, second chances, shifting gears...the list goes on and on.

Interesting, funny, practical advice and most of all, oh so inspiring!

I was so impressed by this book that I plan to follow up (and SOON) with their mentoring program, offered at the end of the book. And offered in a friendly, non-pushy way! I appreciated that as there is nothing that turns me off more than resource books that are just one big ad for the author's other products/books. You definitely(and thankfully!) won't find that here.


From the Amazon product page:

Living in an RV is not everyone’s dream …but everyone has a dream. 

This is not an RV living for beginners "how-to" guide…it is written as a motivational "why to" live YOUR dreams NOW, no matter what your dream is. 
Whether you dream of full time RV living or your dream is far removed from the RV living lifestyle, the story of how we began living the RV dream will be one that will give you hope, encouragement and belief that anything is possible and your dream can come true, just as it did for us. 
RV Living: The Naked Hippies Way will show you that: 
No dream is too big or off limits. 
The stories shared about our how our dream of RV living full time came true are meant to inspire and motivate you to live your dreams, all of them, no matter what your dreams are. There is no dream that is deemed off limits. The life you want also wants you. 

Waiting for “someday” is betting against time. 

Far too many people put off living their dreams thinking there’s still time, later on, to do what they love … that someday they will do what their heart continually tugs at them to be and do in life. We learned from personal experience that waiting for “someday” is not an option. The only time is NOW to begin to live your dreams. 

Miracles happen when your desire to live your dream is unshakable. 
Whatever is holding you back from living your dreams now, our experiences shared in this book will help you begin to put into motion the creation and manifestation of your dream right now. You’ll begin to see that anything is possible, that unexpected miracles and synchronicities will come your way ... and that whatever you think right now is your reason to wait ... that will change and dissolve as you move in the direction of your dream. 

You can start from where you are, with what you have. 
The starting point for living your dreams is first the desire, then the decision, which is exactly how our dream became real. We didn’t know how or when it would happen; we didn’t even have the means to purchase an RV. We just never gave up on the dream and continually believed in it happening … and it did. 

And for the RVers and RV Dreamers: 
Because we do live, travel and work full time in our RV on the never-ending road trip, included in the chapters are some of our RV living secrets that have helped us live and travel simply, cheaply and safely which will definitely help anyone who is thinking about or already living the RV dream. You'll discover there are always solutions and opportunities to live your dream now instead of waiting for “someday.” 

Well done Naked Hippies ;-) you are my kind of people!


Overall rating for this eBook: Excellent. 5 out of 5

26 comments:

  1. i agree most do put off their dreams. hope all is well. have a great night~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time to make those dreams is NOW! But getting into the habit of doing that can be hard. I'm trying though!!!

      And a great weekend to you, G

      Delete
  2. Excellent review. Sounds like lots of good advice in this book. Live now, don't wait. I'm going to read this book soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you've started reading (and enjoying this book). It really made an impression on me. :-)

      Delete
  3. I confess that I had to look up RV living.

    No longer is that kind of living for me... been there, done that, no longer interested. However, I know a girl who might like to read this book so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Val. But the book is about so much more than RV living. As I mention in my review, I have no interest in long-term RV living but this book was still so interesting and helpful. :-)

      Delete
  4. Ha...definitely THE book for me!
    We spend at least a third of the year RV living, and I can no longer imagine living any other way - all those new places to explore have become a way of life for us!

    Thank you so much for this fabulous review, Geraldine. Hopefully it will inspire many others to give this way of life a try. :)

    Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you give this book a read Ygraine. I think you'll LOVE it! And how cool to find out about your RV adventures, I'm impressed. :-)

      Delete
  5. I could have done that when I was younger. The RVing, not the naked hippie part. When I wrote that line the SA spell checker changed hippie to hippo!

    We had neighbors who lived on the road for 8 years after retiring. She would have gone on longer, but her husband got sick. It is a great life for lots of folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ya just hate when the spell checker does that??? LOL That happens to me all the time, when I'm typing on my kindle. Sometimes I don't notice until after I've clicked submit/publish.

      It IS a great life for many folks I agree. The author's story was so inspiring and definitely not just about being an RVer.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It really was Keith. Have a great weekend, G

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a wonderful read, I feel like I have created a life I don't need a vacation from!!! Perhaps I am living my dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is the best vacation of them all Debbie! Thanks for sharing such a positive message. :-)

      Delete
  8. Sounds great when you like to travel all over. Why not have your shelter with you...turtles carry theirs everywhere :}

    Never went the naked route...even when I was proud of being young, carefree and had a pretty decent figure. Now...not even if someone offered me a million dollars ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee...about the million bucks!!!

      And yes, turtles indeed have the right idea.

      I'm so glad you are blogging again, you've been missed. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, for not giving up on me~

      Delete
    3. Hugs :-) Happy Weekend Jan!

      Delete
  9. I get that , i once saw a gypsy trailer and oh I wanted it to be mine so much...it was magnificent...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds tres cool Lorraine, a GYPSY trailer. :<)

      Delete
  10. It sounds like a fun book. And I need to make a reading list with this one and those in the previous post. I love to read and we like so many of the same books! Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you again Diane and happy summer to you too. I need to make a summer reading list for this year but never seem to get around to it. ;-) I hope you enjoy some of the books I've recommended here.

      Delete
  11. it sounds like a fun read and life style too.
    lovely week to you Geraldine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an interesting book/story Tammie, in spite of my own lack of interest for full time RVing. I hope you have a lovely week too. :-)

      Delete
  12. Also I'm back on Photograph L, 3 times a week lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're enjoying blogging again L! :-) Happy Week, G

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...