Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Mr. Cheddar Review: Taste of the Wild, Rocky Mountain Feline Formula (dry cat food)




I really, really am!!!!!


Heh there, Mr. Cheddar here. Yes I'm finally back!. 

 I wrestled the keyboard out of Meowmie's big paws/hands today and have taken over the controls to bring you a most-important kibble update.

My new go-to dry cat food of choice these days is: Taste of the Wild.

Not that I'm complaining about my previous kibble choices but heh, we all need variety and a change now and then. And Taste of the Wild really makes me feel frisky and yeah, kind of wild too! I'm lovin' it!!!! Sometimes, the humans DO get it right and that's sure been the case with Taste of the Wild. I mean, the humans may have their many, many short-comings but they've gotta pick the right food, toy, blanket....sometimes!

So, what are all the reasons that I like Taste of the Wild? Before I go any further, here's the bag so you can share it with your own humans (and they can try to get the right one too snorrttt......) Make sure they study it carefully, or copy if need be.They are so easily distracted sigh....




With Roasted Venison & Smoked Salmon

For All Life Stages
Grain-Free
Roasted Venison & Smoked Salmon
Optimal Amino Acids
Digestive Support System
Antioxidants
Omega Fatty Acid Blend
Berry Blend
Taurine
Tomatoes
No Corn, No Soy
Chelated Minerals


I don't know what all of those big words mean but I do know it tastes great! It doesn't give me spit-up problems; although I do miss that sometimes especially when a new pair of human shoes are available!!! Snort.... Just kidding, I don't really like spit-ups. My coat is looking so fine; smooth and silky. And to be oh, so indelicate, it keeps the "plumbing" in good working order, if you get my meaning!!!

And yes, I'll say it again. Taste of the Wild brings out the "wild" in me! I feel friskier these days and have lots of energy to spare. And that can be a good thing when the humans refuse to get up and attend to my many requirements at the time that I request. I think 5 A.M. sounds about right, don't you? But alas, I usually let them sleep 'til the ridiculously late hour of 7 bells, only 'cause they get so cranky when I don't!

I digress...Meowmie has returned to check out what I'm up to and wants me to add some more of the human-type reading material from the Taste of the Wild folks so here goes:


Rocky Mountain Feline Formula (dry cat food)

A grain-free formula for all life stages with peas and sweet potatoes provides highly digestible energy for your active cat. Made with real roasted venison and smoked salmon, this formula offers a taste sensation like no other. For today's healthy cat, this formula is supplemented with fruits and vegetables, providing natural antioxidants to support a healthy immune system and overall good health. Your cat craves a taste of the wild. Go ahead and give him one.

Protein: 42% Minimum Fat: 18% Minimum
Calcium: 1.9%, as-fed; Phosphorus: 1.2%, as-fed
Calories: 3,745 kcal/kg (390 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy
Available in 5lb and 15lb bags.
              
Ingredients
Chicken meal, peas, sweet potatoes, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), pea protein, potato protein, roasted venison, smoked salmon, natural flavor, ocean fish meal, DL-methionine, potassium chloride, taurine, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract,dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, zinc proteinate, vitamin E supplement, niacin, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin A supplement, biotin, potassium iodide, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin (vitamin B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.


Ok, ok they get the picture Meowmie. Yeah, alright, I'll mention about the canine stuff too.

Yes, Taste of the Wild is also available for D-O-G-S and in a variety of flavors. I know, I know... they've gotta eat too. And, they've got canned food choices for cats and dogs as well, in case you go for the "wet stuff" snort.....

I like to partake in the occasional can of Taste of the Wild Rocky Mountain Feline Formula in Gravy. Yuuuummm....A special treat. My method of preferred slurping? I like to suck up all the gravy first and then devour the yummy chunks of salmon and other goodies. Ahhh...the good life!

 You can read about all of the flavors and formulas available at the Taste of the Wild website. They sure do have a lot of information over there and some coooool artwork too. More wild stuff!!!

If you have been looking for a change of kibble or can, share this review with your humans soon. Get them to copy it if necessary. Just make sure they get the goodies! The Taste of the Wild goodies that is. You won't be sorry. The humans might be though, if they don't!!!!
         

Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5. (that's from Meowmie).

I give it the Cheddar Paw's UP!!!! It's greaaaaaaaaaaaat.

13 comments:

  1. Mr. Ched, you sure write a convincing review! Right now the girls eat a kibble from the vets that promotes good heath and for their teeth, nothing like a stunning smile, but if I see it I may buy some to try now and again with my girls.

    Please remind Meowmie that I'm waiting to get her address for sending Christmas cards, my girls want to send you one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cats eat that stuff and us dogs eat the canine formula. It is good stuff. Just know that the food is higher in calories than other types of foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Ched,
    You da man. I trust what you have to say.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Ched, that's a super review. You are so smart. You are an excellent writer. Glad you are enjoying Taste of the Wild so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ched, you really know how to tell it like it is! You certainly are a frisky fella. And about that 7 Bells, thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ms. Cathy, I'm sure your lovely girl-felines would enjoy Taste of the Wild. We all need variety, it's the spice of life, ya know! Glad you enjoyed my review, I am convincing aren't I! Snort.....and headbonks back to your gang.

    Hello RumpyDog, BTW, I am not a RumpyCat so no worries about those calories. Must keep checking that rear-view though. Want to keep my svelte appearance, unlike some humans I've seen. I won't go further on that topic or the kibble MAY be rationed!!!!

    Hello Ms. Sandy, The Clydester would love this stuff, or so I'm guessing. Perhaps he's readinga along with you?

    Hello Pawmie, Ah yes, my writing abilities in addition to my oh so handsome appearance, wit, charm....I am so well-rounded aren't I? Not physically of course, never!

    Hello Meowmie, Frisky indeedy. And you are welcome re: the late wake-up call. For now!!!

    Headbonks from The Ched, Fearless Bug Warrior and Celebrity Feline Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Ched,
    Thanks for this review. B loves hearing your advice about all things feline, she tries her best to be a good human.
    But MAANNN! this food sounds so GREAT!, we're hoping that she'll be sure and buy it when our latest bag of kibble runs out. And the canned food sounds purrfect too!

    B says she has seen this food at her favourtite petstore.

    Keep these reviews coming, OK Chedster!

    WE Loooove them!

    Headbonks from H and A

    Thanks to your Meowmie too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don´t think I can send my bean out to find this catfood in Sweden.
    That´s bad , cause I think I would have liked it !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Cheddar. Don't be worried, but we're two Bernese Mountain Dogs--we're very sweet and loved your interview over at our friend's Blog (Mr. Rumpy.) We liked reading about cat food and your website here is super! Woof! x Berner girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should have your own TV show, Mr. Cheddar. You could sell anything. I don't even have a cat and I'm thinking of buying this. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mr. Cheddar, You are certainly getting around this week. Rumpy Dog's interview with you and this review. Great job Chedster!

    Hi Brenda and felines, Yes, you should give this kibble a try, it's great....Ched enjoyed it for supper again tonight. Glad you enjoyed his review and interview too. Isn't Rumpy's a fun place? With some very informative posts there too.

    Hi Kjelle, Welcome to MRLR. I'm not sure about International availability but it's possible. I'd check out the company's website for info. about this. Thanks for your kind words over at Rumpy's too.

    Hi Moxie, And I enjoyed your site Moxie. Ched sends headbonks to your gang. We'll stop by again soon.

    Hi Selma, I'll let the Ched know. He'll appreciate the compliments I'm sure!

    Happy Week, G

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey purr Mr. Ched, is it available in you know where my maw lives,
    Kimmi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Geraldine !
    There should be a translater there you can choice wich language you wan´t , up in the right corner on my blog , just under my banner.
    But I know that it sometimes doesn´t work :(
    Have a nice thursday !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...