Monday, October 28, 2013

Buteyko Breathing Method DVD




Although I don't personally suffer from any serious breathing problems; I have known many people over the years, including close friends, who have.

Asthma, emphysema, bronchitis and other breathing- related conditions impact a person's life in very significant, negative ways; making even simple, everyday tasks like: vacuuming, exercising, walking...a challenge.
 
I can't imagine what it must be like to suffer with these kinds of conditions.
 
Most of us take breathing normally for granted. But for millions of people around the world, the "breath of life" is a lot more than just a catchy phrase. They live with the reality, anxiety and long-term effects of breathing problems, every day.
  
And for most people, suffering from serious breathing problems, their only relief is usually found by taking a variety of prescription drugs, including the use of inhalers, etc...that unfortunately often come along with a long list of potentially harmful side effects.
 
But there is an alternative that is a drug-free way to assist people with breathing-related conditions.
The Buteyko Breathing Method teaches simple breathing techniques to help overcome a variety of breathing problems. It has also been used to assist with disorders like: panic attacks, sleep apnoea, sinus problems and anxiety.
 
The Buteyko Breathing Method DVD fully explains the science behind the Buteyko Method and takes the viewer through the complete breathing exercises, in a concise and easy to understand manner.
 
 I learned a few things myself, watching this DVD. Of particular interest to me was just how harmful breathing through our mouths, can be. Something that I'm taking a lot more notice of, especially when doing my yoga routines.
 
The Buteyko Breathing Method was developed by Doctor Konstantin Buteyko (click to read more about his life and research).
 
Although the Buteyko method is still considered controversial by some people, it is also embraced by many users of the method around the world, who have finally found relief and more control of their breathing conditions, often without the use of any drugs.
 
If you suffer or know of someone who suffers from breathing problems, this is a technique you might want to consider looking into. 
 
To order the DVD and for additional information about this method visit the Buteyko website.
 
** I can't endorse or comment on the Buteyko Breathing Method's effectiveness personally, as I do not suffer from breathing-related problems.**
 
But based on the quality of instruction in the DVD and the many testimonials of people who have found relief using this method, I think it's certainly worth considering as an alternative, drug-free therapy for these types of health conditions.
 
Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5.
  
 
 



9 comments:

  1. Well I'm not about the name but I do remember buying a book about breathing and as you breathe in you would draw a line up hold a few seconds and draw the line down in the beginning you see how little you breathe but with practice the lines get longer and it's amazing I don't know if it's related to this but either way I'm glad you posted it reminded me to start again with the exercise, it does wonders....when I find the book unless it was throw out by the ex owner of my house I'll let you know....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine, That's definitely not the Buteyko method but sounds like that was helpful for you. :<)

      Delete
  2. Excellent review. I've seen this DVD as well and it is very well done. A lot of information and testimonials too. And drug free is always good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, this dvd is very well done. I found it interesting and informative. And I learned some things too, re: breathing better. It's all good. :<)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this info. We have a friend suffering from shortness of breath, I'll check into it further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they find some relief with this method. I was really impressed by the DVD, testimonials etc...certainly worth a try.

      Delete
  4. Well I looked into it and gosh G. it's the almost total opposite...who knows...I hope it works

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange idea, but it is bound to work for someone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different Jenny but not strange IMO. The testimonials I've seen about this method are very positive. I'm sure it's a big relief for people suffering with these kinds of disorders, to find relief in a natural and drug free way.

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...