Saturday, October 19, 2013

Tyrrell's Beetroot, Parsnip & Carrot Chips with Sea Salt

 
 
I'm always on the lookout for healthier snack options, that still taste great and really satisfy "the munchies".  :<)
 
I recently tried: Tyrrell's Beetroot, Parsnip & Carrot Chips with Sea Salt and really enjoyed these rather unusual "chips".
 
 
Here's the ingredient list and nutritionals:
 
 
Mixed root vegetables in variable proportions (beetroot, parsnip and carrot) 65%, sunflower oil, sea salt.

 
Typical Values
Per 100g
Energy
2102kJ/506kcal
Protein
4.7g
Carbohydrates
38.6g
of which sugars
22.5g
Total Fat
35.7g
of which saturated
4.1g
Fibre
13.6g
Sodium
0.6g
***
 
Now that's my kind of ingredient list!
 
These are not for anyone who hates veggies obviously. But then again, how can anyone really hate vegetables? ;<) I find that hard to imagine. 
 
But if you DO like veggies and enjoy the crunch of a good chip snack:
 
 
are definitely one to look for and try.
 
Gluten-free too, that's always a plus.
 
 
Stop by the Tyrrell (fun!) site to see their extensive product line that includes all kinds of other delish sounding nibbles. They also have a caption contest happening right now.
 
Tyrrell's is based in England which is kind of cool too.

I can't remember ever having any other snack food that came from the UK. I hope they continue to add to their North American markets, for the US and Canada. I'd love to try more of their products.
 
 
Only two things that would have made these chips even better.
 If they were organic and if the chips were just a bit bigger.
 
But when it came to flavor and crunch, top-notch!
 
I had a hard time not eating the whole bag at one time! ;<)
 

Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5 
 

16 comments:

  1. they sound like something I would like. I will keep my eye out for that brand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they have LOTS of other goodies too. I've only seen these chips so far at our local Save On store, will have to ask the manager about getting more of their products.

      Delete
  2. oh I love those I also love the beets and sweet potatoes one without any bad stuff in and with very very light sea salt anyhoo one more to add to my ever growing list...Thank you G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a ripply kind of chip I noted, also made with root veggies, are those the ones you tried Lorraine? Look good too. Happy Snacking! ;<)

      Delete
    2. Yep exactly those, hmmm sudden craving :O

      Delete
  3. Oooooo!
    __Beets and their greens, roasted parsnips with a tad-bit of olive oil and rosemary, baked onions with a little butter and freshly ground pepper; I'm hungry! _m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me hungry too Magyar. I'm not a big fan of parsnips though, but I love them in these chips. So good!

      Delete
  4. I have tried these and they are yummy
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I want to try more of their products too. A lot of them sound very appealing.
      Nice to see you again Brett.

      Happy Week to All, G

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Are yummy Keith, especially if you love veggies like I do. :<)

      Delete
  6. Excellent review. I like these chips a lot. I'm looking forward to trying more of their products too. Nice that Save On is going to look into that here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm looking forward to trying the veggie ripple chips, those sound perfect!

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried parsnip. But sweet potato chips are addictive for sure! Now i'm wondering how beetroot chips taste like... hmm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...