Thursday, November 10, 2016

Elvis Presley: CIA Assassin



Elvis Presley: CIA Assassin


This is one of the funniest eBooks I've ever read! :-)


If you are/were a fan of Elvis Presley and don't mind some crude language (there's quite a bit in here) give this one a go. 

I usually don't read books with much vulgar language in them. But in this case, it did fit with the story and didn't detract from the overall enjoyment of reading this book. Kind of hard to explain this aspect, but true.

I laughed til I cried in many sections of this book, especially when Elvis was out on his CIA assignments with faithful sidekick Bo. What a couple of wild and wacky guys.

The only thing that I thought could have been improved slightly was the ending, it was a bit boring compared to the rest of the book. But overall, this one is oh so funny!!!


Do let me know if you give this one a try!


And some additional information from the Amazon product page: 


"I can guarantee you. Read this book and you'll never look at Elvis the same way again!" -- Douglas Brode, author of Elvis Cinema and Popular Culture.

In 1970, singer Elvis Presley secretly met with President Richard Nixon. This new comedic novel imagines that Presley became a Central Intelligence Agency operative, eventually moving up through the ranks to become a skilled assassin.

Presented in an oral history fashion, the book tells us about Presley's secret transformation by the people who knew him best.

Did he fake his death in 1977? Was Presley involved with the Watergate scandal? The Iran hostage crisis? Communicating with aliens?

Read this book to find out the answers to these and many more questions.


Overall rating for this eBook: Very Good. 4 out of 5

14 comments:

  1. Excellent and accurate review.

    I read this eBook too and thoroughly enjoyed it. It had me laughing throughout the whole book too. And I do agree, the ending was just a bit weak.

    Overall though, definitely worth reading. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very funny indeed! we both had such a good laugh, didn't we? I don't find many stories that make me laugh out loud but this one did.

      Delete
  2. I think I am the only one in the world who didn't like Elvis. Perhaps this book would change my mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was younger, I didn't like Elvis either. I remember my Aunt being so in love with him when I was a kid and I thought it was soooo goofy at that time. But over the years, I've come to love his music and his voice. His personal life, that's another story. But I think anyone who is familiar with the life of the true Elvis and all the hype about his escapades, will enjoy this book. It really is a giggle!!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun book for sure to read. Like Valerie above - I'm probably also one of the few who didn't like him. My sis loved him and for me it was so so. But you are one heck of a reviewer of books because i always enjoy your reviews. So are you settling in to whatever your new life is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind and encouraging words Sandy, you brought a smile to my day.

      Still working things out but hopefully will be settled in the next few weeks. It's been fun to travel more than I have in a long time, recently but I miss having a real "home base" too. Will keep you posted!

      Happy Weekend to all, G

      Delete
  4. Haha...this book sounds incredibly funny!
    I was never a fan of Elvis Presley, but will definitely give this a try.
    Thank you so much for a really great review!

    So good to hear you're gradually settling in. It must be a great adventure.:)

    Lots of Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Ygraine. I think you'll love this story.

      Delete
  5. I am another person who never saw the attraction to him. This does sound like a good book though. Where do people come up with ideas like this??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elvis was apparently fascinated with the CIA, FBI, police and spy stuff of all kinds...throughout his life. I'm guessing that's what the author based this idea on.

      I thought I was the only one without an Elvis "crush" teeheee...but I guess that's not the case. But this book, I loved!!!! ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...