Friday, April 21, 2017

Yogi Lemon Detox Tea

Yogi Lemon DeTox Tea



I'm not a big fan of herbal teas but I DO like to use some type of detox product, when spring arrives. Spring cleaning for the body,not just the home LOL!

I happen to find this:  Yogi Lemon Detox tea online recently and decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did!😀

To begin with, it tastes GREAT


Really hard to compare the taste with other herbal teas I've tried. Kind of a lemony-cinnamon flavor that really blends well together. 

There are so many herbal teas I've tried over the years, especially those for detoxification that tasted so BAD. Not the case with this one. 

Made with 71% organic ingredients and priced right at about $7 for 16 tea bags.

Here's a list of the ingredients in each tea bag:


Medicinal ingredients: Each tea bag (1.81g) contains:

Sarsaparilla Root (Smilax officinalis) 307mg, Organic Lemongrass Whole Plant (Cymbopogon citratus) 263mg, Organic Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 173mg, Organic Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinale) 160mg, Organic Figwort Herb Top (Scrophularia nodosa) 160mg, Organic Ginger Rhizome (Zingiber officinale) 160mg, Organic Cinnamon Bark (Cinnamomum verum) 156mg, Organic Lemon Peel (Citrus limon) 96mg, Organic Peppermint Leaf (Mentha x piperita) 45mg, Juniper Fruit 4:1 Extract (Juniperus communis) 17mg.

********

I've never even heard of Figwort (love that name 😀) before but apparently it is a mild laxative and diuretic.

The only cautions listed for this tea were not to use if pregnant, breast feeding or if you have heart disease. Pretty basic cautions and a lot less than many other detox products I've tried and/or checked out.

I appreciated that this tea didn't cause me any cramping or tummy upsets, as can be the case with a lot of similar products, especially with laxative properties. No side effects at all which I really appreciate.

I bought mine at Well.ca but they only ship to Canadian addresses. I'm guessing though that this tea is probably widely available at health food stores and natural food sections in the US. 

If you've been looking for a milder option for a detox program, you might want to check this product out. I plan to be using it for a long time to come (although it is suppose to be for occasional use, not daily).

Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5

17 comments:

  1. This tea tastes really good, a nice combination of flavors. Not medicinal tasting like some herbal teas. Excellent review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it does taste really good! And I really appreciate the organic ingredients.

      Delete
  2. We would never find that tea here but it looks good. We only drink herbal tea and our all time favourite is lemon and ginger. Have a great weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I am able to order it via Well.ca as it's not on some of the other sites I checked out. I would assume that a lot of natural health food stores would stock it though. If you like lemon tea, you would love this one Rhodesia!

      Delete
  3. Obviously I haven't tried that particular tea but I do drink lemon tea all the time but sometimes Lemon and Ginger.

    Thanks for your recent message on my blog, Geraldine. I had moved on from that particular post so nearly missed it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great weekend too Val. It was very warm and sunny here yesterday on the Island but now the clouds have moved in again. That's ok, as long as I can still get out for a LONG walk this aft. I've been sitting in front of this PC too much lately, working on my haiku book and other things.

      Hugs to you and Charlie!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm not much of a herbal tea drinker but a lot of our friends are. I keep a Lemon/Ginger tea on hand for when they come over and we find it quite okay. The Lemon Detox would probably be quite similar in taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to believe this is also a detox tea, it tastes so good.😂

      Delete
  5. Good recommendation. I do like herbal teas. I usually make myself a concoction at night: chamomile, mint, gingko, ginger and green tea.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your own blend sounds great! Thanks for sharing and have a great week in London.

      Delete
  6. Hi Geraldine! Thanks so much for your visit. Your reviews are so comprehensive! They inform us of details that other reviews do not! Mr. cheddar is beautiful and looks a bit like our Simba.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for stopping by and your kind words re: my reviews. I certainly love to write and share them, here and at the Amazon sites.

      Mr. Cheddar sends a big headbonk to Simba!!! >^^< Have a great week, G

      Delete
  7. Hi Geraldine, I'm not a herbal tea drinker either but I would try this. Great that it is organic!
    Have a good week.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. This is a keeper and I am not a fan of most herbal teas. Hope you have a good week too.😆

      Delete
  8. i am not a huge fan of herbal tea either but after hearing your review, i would give it a try. it's great to have reviews like yours, you always do an awesome job, and good or bad, they are very helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, your comment made my evening.

      Hope you have a great week. 😂

      Delete
  9. I like the taste of the tea but I unfortunately cannot stand the smell of licorice - it gives me a headache :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...