Sunday, April 2, 2017

Film Noir (Must Have) DVD Collection



I’ve been a fan of “film noir” movies (click to read more, if you are not familiar with that movie genre) since I was a kid. Not that I knew what movies in this genre were actually called back then, LOL!
 Loved the mysterious atmosphere that these movies portrayed:

 The night scenes, the danger, the spine-tingling suspense, the romance, the glamour, wonderful 40s clothing and music, the bad guys, the bad girls…what’s not to ♥, right? 😉 
I happened to find this Film Noir Collection: two DVD set over at Amazon for less than $10!!!
And that is for all 10 of these Film Noir classics:
DOA
BEAT THE DEVIL
IMPACT
THE STRANGER
SCARLET STREET
SHOCK
PORT OF NEW YORK
THEY MADE ME A CRIMINAL
WHIRLPOOL
QUICKSAND
***
As for quality, excellent picture and sound, considering the age of the original films these were reproduced from, all from the 40’s.
Only one thing that might be a negative for some viewers, this is a full-screen version not widescreen. For me though, it was fine, as we have an older TV and the full screen versions for movies are actually better.
This would also make a great gift for any “film noir” fans on your list. 
The DVDs are packaged in a black metal tin, instead of the usual plastic DVD case. Add a red ribbon tied around it and you’d be good to go! 😉
If you are a film noir fan like I am or know someone who is, this is a must have collection! 

Happy Week and Viewing


Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5. 


18 comments:

  1. Excellent review. These are great movies and a lot better than what they turn out now. This set is a real bargain. Cool packaging too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like many recent movies either. For all the $$ they've got to spend now as compared to years ago, you think they would do better.

      Give me a classic from the 40s, any day!😊

      Delete
  2. I don't care for modern movies and I wondered if it was my adult taste changing. Apparently not. I'll check with Amazon UK to see what they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya Val. I'm sure Amazon UK has plenty in the film noir genre, maybe even this set. TCM is also a great place for all things noir. :-)

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of them but they sound intriguing. We do not have a DVD player but I bet they are around somewhere on VHS.#Have a great week Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned in my comment above Rhodesia, TCM is a great place to find film noir greats. :-) I hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  4. i have been so disappointed with the movies of late. 2 big recent hits for me were beauty and the beast and patriots day, both films were excellent. otherwise, we can't seem to find a good flick. i will look in to these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved films from the 40s since I was a kid. I never tire of these classics. The modern movies, hard to find one I could even bother to sit through. I would like to see "Jackie" though. I heard that's a good one.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a great collection. Thanks for the review. Thank you too for visiting my blog and commenting there. Hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An excellent suggestion. I will check out the titles. I've always loved the 40's clothing styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too, most things about the 40s actually.😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Geraldine, I enjoy this type of movie too. I will pop over to Amazon and check it out.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an excellent collection at a bargain price. I hope you do get it Robin.😂 And do let me know how you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  9. My husband would enjoy this. I recognize a few of the names from when I was a kid. That would have been in the 1950s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful gift idea Sandy. 🎀 Most of these films were made in the 40s.

      Delete
  10. I love everything about the 40's! The music, the clothing....thank you so much for sharing, Geraldine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate Linda, what a grand decade for so many things! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...