Saturday, April 26, 2014

How To Knit Socks for Beginners by Sandra Harris





As an avid and long-time knitter, I've looked at a lot of knitting books and Ebooks over the years. When it comes to those specifically created for beginner sock knitters, this is one of the best I've seen, to date.

Author Sandra Harris has done a great job with:

How To Knit Socks for Beginners


The information included is written in an easy to understand way. 

Instructions are clear and concise.

Chapters include:

- The Anatomy of a Sock
-Toe-Up Sock

-Knitting Two Socks at a Time

 -Advanced and Beginner Cuff Down Socks

-Darning and Mending (I learned some tips on that topic!)

and several other pertinent topics, including several sock patterns.

I haven't actually tried any of the patterns in this Ebook yet, but reading through them, they look like they would work just fine! If any of you do try these, let me know how they work out. I'm currently taking a bit of a break from sock knitting myself but I know I'll be back to it, by the fall. It's kind of addictive, after you've made that first pair! LOL

This Ebook is nicely formatted too, with full color photos throughout. As a Kindle author myself, I know how much work goes into formatting an Ebook properly. And it does add a lot to any type of book, when it is done well. 


And speaking of photos, I think they are so much better and easier than diagrams in any kind of yarn-craft book, especially for beginners to follow.


If you've always wanted to knit socks but perhaps thought they were too difficult for a beginner knitter, think again. How To Knit Socks for Beginners, will have you turning out lovely knit socks for yourself and for gifts, in no time.



PS: At the time of posting this, this Ebook is available free over at Amazon, so a great time to get a copy! ;-)



Overall rating for this Ebook: Excellent. 5 out of 5






6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book. And hand knit socks are the best, I love the ones you've made for me. So special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an excellent book, especially for anyone who has never knit socks before. I was happy to review it and give it 5 stars over at Amazon too.

      Delete
  2. It looks the business (of socks and knitting :-D). Thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun stuff! And lots of men knit now too. So relaxing. ;-) Greetings back to you in the UK

      Delete
  3. I try badly then I can always use it to dust....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine, Socks can definitely be a bit tricky the first attempt or two but after you've actually completed a pair, it's a lot of fun. I don't like any project that is TOO easy and socks are just a nice challenge, makes it interesting. Wearing handmade socks is so nice too. Great gifts as well.

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...