Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Yoga Guide by B. T. Dean




As any of my regular readers already know, I've been practicing yoga for many years and love it! 

There have been times though that I have taken a break from yoga; sometimes for months and a couple of times, for years. But I always regretted it, missed yoga very much and started practicing again.

Yoga can and does affect every part of life in a positive way, if you stay with it. 


The Yoga Guide by B. T. Dean  is one of the best guides I have ever read on this topic. 


The author has done a great job of explaining (and in an easy to understand way) the various forms of yoga, the benefits to our health and overall well-being, do's and don'ts for beginners...the list goes on and on.


It also includes an easy to follow, safe yoga routine (with photos, that's so important) that would be a great starting point for most beginners.


Color photos throughout, nicely formatted and presented. 

This book is really well done, in every way.

Yoga is an exercise form that can be followed throughout life. Definitely not just for the young and super-flexible but you do need to pick the right form and postures that are best for you; taking your current level of fitness into consideration. 

And by all means, if you have any pre-existing health problems or concerns, consult with a health-care professional before beginning a yoga practice or any other new exercise regime.

If you have been curious about yoga, perhaps are considering beginning a yoga practice or are doing yoga on a regular basis already; this is a guide you won't want to miss.


It reminded me why I should always find time and make yoga a priority. And why I should never skip my yoga practice again! ;-)

Highly recommended. 

Overall rating for this Ebook: Excellent. 5 out of 5

4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted a book about Yoga and it sounds like you've found a winner. I'll put it on my book list and try to get a copy soon. There are so many....I wasn't sure which one was good. Thanks for the review my friend! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a short but comprehensive overview of the various forms of yoga. I was really impressed with this book Diane, I think you'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. I like doing yoga too. It really is important and not just for your physical well being. Helps you to relax and so much more. Excellent review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it really IS important to keep up a yoga practice. I certainly notice a difference when I don't keep it up. Feel so much better, when I do. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...