Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Louis Armstrong's All Time Greatest Hits







I got a copy of: Louis Armstrong's All Time Greatest Hits on a whim and I'm sure glad that I did. 

Every time I play this CD, it brings a smile to my day and makes me feel happy and relaxed. :-)

I have never really listened to Louis Armstrong much before this, except for hearing: It's a Wonderful World and Hello Dolly, when they've played on the radio, over the years. 


Love the songs, love the music, the vocals and of course Louis on trumpet is the ultimate treat.


If you click through to Amazon, you can preview each of the songs.



La Vie En Rose brings tears to my eyes (but in a good way) every time I hear it. How I love that song. My fav on this CD.


The duet with Bing Crosby: Gone Fishing, makes me laugh. 

Hello Dolly has me up and dancing! 


Listening to this CD also piqued my interest to find out more about the life of Louis Armstrong.

You can read more here (Wiki page) about his long career, personal life and many accomplishments over the years. Sounds like a special man, over and above being such a talented performer. 


One of the things about truly great music and musicians is that they never get stale. 

Fifty plus years later, after most of these recordings were originally made, still so relevant and fresh.



If you want a CD that will bring a smile to your day, make you want to dance around the living room with someone you love or just to dream a little dream on a rainy day, buy this one.

 I think you'll be glad you did! ;-)



Overall rating for this product: Excellent. 5 out of 5

8 comments:

  1. growing up in Louisiana you have to have an appreciation for Mr. Armstrong!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you have Brett! That must be one cool place to live, but not cool weather wise of course. ;-)

      Delete
  2. excellent review as always. I really like this CD too. it definitely makes you smile. great CD and the wiki page is interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad I found the wiki page too for Louis, He certainly had an interesting and exciting life. I was touched by the part about his adopted son too.

      Delete
  3. Wow he's amazing \I knew he sang what a lovely world ...but \I had no idea he also sand sitting by the dock , \I love that one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the songs on this CD are SO good Lorraine, but La Vie En Rose is my absolute fav, that song gets me "in the pumper" every time. I don't know exactly what the title means but it touches me, all the same.

      Delete
  4. Good music raises the spirits and fills the heart.....

    Oh and it's a lilac..pretty isn't it?

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly does.

    Oh, a lilac, didn't think of that in white and cream. The photo was just amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...