Saturday, January 9, 2016

NeuTab® G7 7 inch GSM 4G Quad Core Tablet (Phablet)





I was not happy with this NeuTab phablet (phablet: a combination tablet with cell phone option) for a number of reasons. It is now on its way back to Amazon.ca for a refund.


I had bought this primarily to use as an ereader and replacement for my Kindle Fire (which I loved but the battery died).

What DON'T I like:

To begin with, the screen on this phablet is quite narrow for reading books on it, not ideal for this purpose.


The booklet that comes with it is basically useless. For eg: they say to insert sim card but no diagram is shown how the sim card compartment is even accessed, on the back of the unit. No photo of the parts of the unit either. I had assumed it was just a slot on the side of the tablet but it is actually enclosed and you need to snap off the plastic cover to get to it. I didn't want to break something trying to do this so I went to YouTube to see how to go about this. I shouldn't have had to do that!

Then, after charging the unit, I tried to adjust the volume for the keyboard, it was set with an annoying "tap, tap..." sound. couldn't find how to adjust that, the sound option only adjusted the volume on the tablet, not the keyboard.

I also tried to find the clear history option, again couldn't find it anywhere. Tried security tab, etc... not there.

I also noted smudges and marks on the back of the unit when it arrived. Not pristine as expected. Perhaps a refurbished unit, not sure about that but it was being sold as "new".

I then tried to get some answers from the NeuTab customer support. 
Now, over a week later still no reply and no option to phone them either.

Not a good start and I am not impressed by this company at all.

If I have to wait and wait... for an email for support, I know it's not a company I want to interact with, right from the get-go. That is where Amazon usually leads by a mile. If only they would get those Fire tablets back at Amazon.ca!


Overall rating for this product: Unsatisfactory. 1 out of 5

15 comments:

  1. Excellent review. This phablet is not satisfactory, that's for sure. And with no customer support, you know you're in trouble, right from the get-go. Can't beat a Kindle from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Customer support is SO important, IMO especially for items like these that often have a rather steep learning curve for the techie-challenged. ;-) I have now read about other people complaining about this company's lack of customer support. Not the right way to treat customers.

      Delete
    2. What you tube video shows how to insert the sim? i can't figure out how it goes (which direction). i am probably going to send my unit back too-i echo your comments.

      Delete
  2. WOW, Geraldine...I am so disappointed to read your feedback on the phablet because I know how excited you were to receive it. But hey, if I had to do through what you did, I would feel the exact same way. And then to receive poor customer service on top of the product! I am so glad you shared your review because it might save others who are researching before buying it.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed too Ron! And yes, hopefully my review here and at Amazon will help other people avoid this same kind of frustrating experience. It is not a company I would consider buying anything from again. Customer loyalty is not built this way, is it?

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! Sounds very disappointing for you or anyone who may have purchased this item.
    Isn't the point of new gadgets that of making life simpler :) With my hands I could never use this item...even if I wanted to.
    Great review, Geraldine~

    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words and hugs Jan. And yes, this was a big disappointment. I thought it was so cool to have the phone option added to a tablet, for occasional use. But when customer service is that bad right from the start (still haven't heard from them!!!) you know it's not going to work out.

      Thanks for stopping by and have a great week, G

      Delete
  4. Thank you for a really informative post, Geraldine.
    I definitely wouldn't buy one of these after reading this. I am something of a technodud in the first place, so need really clear and detailed instructions with any new item I buy.
    Don't think this would suit me at all!

    Have a Wonderful New Year, my dear friend...and thank you for all your support throughout my recent tough time.
    It has been so appreciated.

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you here again Ygraine. A good instruction booklet/manual and customer support is essential IMO, for any kind of techie product in particular. I rely on both to get me started and for answers further down the line. This company is lacking in both respects, big time.

      I am glad if I helped in any small way Ygraine. Sending more hugs your way and good thoughts too. Take care. G

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the review, Geraldine! That phablet really doesn't sound like something I want to try. Good thing Amazon always takes things back easily. Why do they not sell the fire tablet anymore?
    I hope you'll find a tablet that works just fine :)
    Have a fabulous day!
    Lots of hugs to you,
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beate, Definitely not the kind of company/service I want to try again.

      The Fire tablets are still available at the US site of Amazon but haven't been (for a long time) at Amazon in Canada. I have written to them about this already. I can only imagine how many sales they lost over XMAS, not having these VERY popular Kindle Fires, at the .ca site. On the plus side, Amazon is working on a solution for me, to replace my Fire that is no longer functional. That's why I always go back to Amazon, the customer service can't be beat. Do you use the amazon site in Germany a lot?

      Lots of hugs back to you too, G

      Delete
  6. Good review Geraldine - ...nice to know about this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a dragon touch x10 from tabletexpress.com .I bought mine in place of a dedicated e-reader, and I’m well pleased with it so far in that role. It handily runs the board game apps that I prefer, gives me a great portable platform for audio books and video, and will give me a good alternative for browsing the inter-webs when I don’t care to lug my laptop around. In all, excellent value for the money.http://www.tabletexpress.com/x10-android5-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...