Friday, January 29, 2016

Simply Natural Organic Goddess Dressing




This dressing is NOT what I expected but it IS delish! ;-)

Based on the name, I was expecting more of a "green goddess" type dressing, full of chives and parsley, with a bright green color.

But this dressing from Simply Natural has a golden, earthy hue and a fresh but robust flavor, with lots of tahini and spices/herbs in it.

In spite of being an avid foodie and vegetarian cookbook author/instructor, I must admit I'm rather lazy when it comes to making salad dressings. It was so great to finally find a brand that I really like and for so many reasons. 

I really appreciate the organic ingredient list for this product; that is so important when I am buying all kinds of foods now.

A little of this dressing goes a long way; you don't need to pour it on liberally to enjoy the zesty, unique flavor. 

I used it recently with a spinach/lettuce/radicchio mix and it was wonderful. I think it would be great on a veggie wrap too.

The dressing is VERY thick and needs to be shaken well before using.

I also love the Simply Natural Ranch Dressing, that's excellent too.


I've also tried some other products from this company: including their spaghetti sauce (good), and salsa (good).  Also stone-ground mustard and ketchup (both good but I wish they came in a glass bottle instead of plastic). Again, all organic and all reasonably priced. 

I found this salad dressing locally for around $5 CDN and even less when on sale. At that price, it is a bargain too and comparable in $$ to mainstream non-organic dressing brands.

If you love salads topped with a better than average dressing, give this one a try! :-)

Overall rating for this product: Excellent. 5 out of 5. 

17 comments:

  1. Excellent review, as always.

    I've tried this dressing too and it is very good. Tasty and a bit different, but in a good way.

    I also am glad that it's organic and in a glass bottle. That's all pluses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I gave this dressing a try too Joe. It is quite different than I expected but very good. yes, organic and a glass bottle are definite pluses!

      Delete
  2. It sure sounds great, Geraldine...wish I loved salads so I could have it, but I don't.
    I do agree with Joseph on the "glass bottle"...milk used to taste so much better from them :) My mom actually had a milkman who delivered milk in glass bottles when I was a kid~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jan, I can't imagine NOT liking salads. ;-( But if someone DOES like salads, this line of dressings is a great choice, for a number of reasons. I'm looking forward to trying more of their dressings soon.

      Yes, glass is the way to go for storing/packaging foods, whenever possible. Sadly, it's getting to be the exception it seems. And yes, I remember milk being delivered in glass bottles, we had a fit when they changed to cartons, as kids. LOL!!!

      Delete
  3. Geraldine, this dressing sounds right up my ally! And not only would it be great on salads, I may even try it has a veggie dip. I bet it tastes awesome!

    FAB review, my friend. And thanks for your recommendation. Have a terrific weekend!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Ranch would make a great dip or addition to a dip but this Goddess type is strictly for dressing IMO. Let me know if you give it a try Ron, it really is SO good! And as I mentioned above, a nice surprise for me too. ;-)

      A fab weekend to you too Ron!

      Delete
  4. A great review, Geraldine.
    I love salads, so would really like to try this dressing. I will check it out next time I go to the supermarket...:)

    Many thanks!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think after you give it a try Ygraine. The Ranch is wonderful too.

      Hugs back to you, G

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like to make my own dressings....but if i buy bottled, it's nice to have a review or recommendation. based on your wonderful review, i would try this!!

    thanks for stopping by, i am late to visit as i usually get an email if someone leaves a comment and i did not receive one from your comment. i was "trolling" and found your comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in Debbie, glad you DID eventually find my comment.

      I must admit, I am kind of lazy when it comes to salad dressings but this brand is a very good alternative to homemade. :-)

      Delete
  7. Sounds wonderful.
    I usually make my own dressing, but in a pinch, perhaps i will try this. Thanks for suggesting it. Organic is important to me. Lovely week to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you and me both Tammie, re: organics. I'm trying to use as many organic products as possible these days, especially food and skin care items. I'm sure you'd enjoy these dressings too, let me know if you give them a try.

      And have a great week! G

      Delete
  8. Thank you for this amazing review, Geraldine! Organic is very important to me, too. I'm so glad you found a dressing that meets all your expectations, even though the taste was different :)
    Have a fabulous week!
    Lots of hugs to you,
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your very kind words Beate! :-)

      I'm guessing Germany is a good place for all things organic. It is a country that's been ahead in the wellness area, for a long, long time.

      And lots of hugs back to you and Keith too! G

      Delete
  9. This sounds nice, i must admit though i normally just go for a very light oil and vinegar type dressing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very thick, rich dressing Juliet with an amazing tangy flavor. I love tahini and this dressing has quite a bit of tahini in it, but not overpowering.

      Can't beat a good vinaigrette but it's nice to have a change now and then too.

      I picked up a bottle of their Ranch dressing yesterday and it was so yummy on a big salad (with pizza!) for supper here last night. It had been a long day and I was famished!!!

      Thanks for stopping by and a great week to you too, G

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...