Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A Year of Living Mindfully by Randi Ragan





I am really impressed by this book, and for so many reasons! :-)


First of all, I love the seasonal theme that author: Randi Ragan has chosen to present this material in. So helpful for choosing mindfully, what best activities, food choices...etc, to pursue at that particular time of year.

For example: reading through the summer (soon to arrive) section, I have already picked out a number of topic of interest including: 

-The Possibilities Ritual (all about the sunflowers that I love).

-Yoga/mediation/breath exercises specifically geared to warmer weather.

-Choosing the safest, most natural types of sunscreen and why being a label reader is essential for these types of products too.

The research that went into this book, the attention to detail and the passion that Randi Ragan has for her work is obvious throughout.

The layout and design of this book is beautiful too. I have the print version (also available as an eBook) and right from the cover onward, it is lovely to look at and to enjoy. I would have loved to have seen the seasonal chapter pages in color, but even in black and white, the artwork is unique and beautiful.

In addition to the many topics/passages that piqued my interest throughout this book, there are a number of seasonal recipes that sound absolutely delish too, including:

-Hope's Cranberry Chutney

-Roasted Root Vegetables with Caramelized Fig Sauce

-Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies

and many more.

It's not often that I get excited about a reference book in every way, but that is the case here. Easy to implement suggestions throughout that almost anyone can put into practice to enhance their quality of life in significant, often fun ways and with significant and long-term benefits.

This book would also make a memorable and unique gift for anyone seeking more balance, health, peace and mindfulness in life.

Overall rating for this book: Excellent. 5 out of 5

17 comments:

  1. I love your review - this books sound really good! Living mindfully has been a topic in my mind lately. Maybe because it's spring - maybe because it's just time to do it ... thanks for your review. Trust all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I loved your comment Sandy. Thanks for your kind, encouraging words. It means a lot. 😂

      Delete
  2. exactly what i was thinking as i read your review, this would make a great gift!!! i too, love the look and colors of the cover, thanks for the review!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful book Debbie and would make a special gift too.

      Delete
  3. Great review, Geraldine...sounds like a book that many readers could enjoy, no matter what their personal choice in reading material may be. Reference type books seem to interest lots of readers~

    Have a Great Week
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your review, Geraldine. This book seems to cover many bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does Barbara and I love the seasonal themes throughout.

      Delete
  5. Excellent review as always. I am interested in learning more about the topics in this book, it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, you will love this book, I know it.😂

      Delete
  6. I know just the person to buy this book for.... just hope it's available in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would be Val, try Amazon UK if you can't find it locally. It's a brand new book. :-) I hope your gift recipient loves it!

      Delete
  7. It would be good to read a book...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I think you'd really enjoy this book Juliet. A lot of emphasis on green and healthy living choices which I know are things of interest to you too. :-)

      Delete
  9. I would buy this book. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...