Saturday, April 16, 2016

Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds (Intensity Walk)



After a long winter of being too much of "couch potato"and putting fitness for the most part on the back-burner, I am now getting back to more walks, strength training and aerobics, including using this older DVD from Leslie Sansone, which is one of my all-time fav exercise DVDS.

I appreciate the 3 workouts included on this dvd as they are all different, challenging and fun. 

The Super Challenge is a 4 mile walk that's great for days when I've got the time to do it and feel like a longer workout, focused on endurance walking. 


There's also  the Muscle Mile One segment, which I use 3 lb. dumbbells with and it's wonderful. The mile breezes by and at the end, in spite of how quickly I am finished, I still feel like I have had a good workout. Adding the weight really does 'bump up' this workout segment, in a significant but easy way.


Walk and Jog includes short bursts of jogging with the walking and is 30 minutes in length, equivalent to a 2.5 mile walk. Again, adding a nice variety to the overall mix. 



I like Leslie's enthusiastic and happy attitude, the moves, the music, her real pals along with her, doing the workout....almost everything about this dvd. 

Only couple of minor negatives: the set is pretty "cheesy" and the lighting could be better but no big deal, given all the pluses for this workout dvd. 


I recently previewed some of Sansones' newer DVDs and wasn't impressed at allShe has now surrounded herself with young girls strutting their stuff behind her, with no "regular" women of various ages, sizes, fitness levels or friends, in sight. 

I think this direction for her newer DVDs was a huge mistake and Sansone has alienated a lot of her regular followers, judging by many of the comments and reviews at Amazon. Leslie Sansone has also made herself look older and tired-looking with all these fresh-faced girls working out with her now, so that marketing "gem" certainly has seemed to backfire! ;-)   

But the good news is, Sansones' older dvds, like the Intensity Walk are still relevant, helpful and available! Click to view/buy at Amazon.com.

If you are in need of something new/better for your exercise regime, perhaps getting back to a better fitness level after the winter as I am or just enjoy working out at home as opposed to outside or at a gym, you might want to give this DVD a try

Suitable for people of most fitness levels as you can easily build up your intensity level as your fitness improves. No floor work either!


Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5

11 comments:

  1. Great post, Geraldine...walking is the safest exercise program and you feel better and look better. At one time I was walking up to five miles a day. Sadly, I've had to cut back because of two bad knees...from long ago injuries, NOT from walking :)

    Have a beautiful weekend~
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to read about your knee issues Jan. :-( I agree about the walking though, it's great for so many reasons.

      And a beautiful weekend to you too, G

      Delete
  2. Excellent review. I'm glad you're back to doing regular workouts and I know you like this one a lot. Sounds like a lot of good variety here. She should stick with what was working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Joe, if it ain't broke, why fix it? Leslie Sansone HAS alienated many of her long-time followers, with her new direction on latest DVDs. But this one from many years ago is great!

      Delete
  3. Gone are the days, I'm afraid, although at one time I walked for miles every day. Having a dog was encouragement indeed. Keep it up, Geraldine, walking is SO good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a doggie can certainly be a motivation to walk Val, somehow it's not the same trying it with Mr. Cheddar!!! ;-) I do intend to keep up all my fitness pursuits, when Im not active, I don't feel good.

      Delete
  4. A fabulous review, Geraldine!
    I have always enjoyed walking, and I still do quite a lot.
    Now summer is on the horizon I have made a resolution to walk as much as I possibly can.

    Have a brilliant week, my friend!:)

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Ygraine and a brilliant week to you too! Hugs, G

      Delete
  5. I need to do these! I do walk about three to four times a week around the lake (about 3 miles) up and down hills but I'm not losing weight. I think I'm eating too much rich food. I keep telling myself I'll step it up a bit. So the weights when walking sounds like a good idea. Hope your week is great. Our weather is nice right now although a bit warm ...for walking.... after four days of wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like to walk, I think you'll love this workout Sandy. Enough variety to make it interesting and all a bit of challenge too.

      And I hope you have a great week too. Let me know if you give this DVD a try. :-)

      Delete
  6. I have a perfect place to walk, but need to get my knee in better shape first. Will keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...