Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sharpe Shooter (Cozy Suburbs Mystery Series) by Lisa B. Thomas





This is a very enjoyable and rather original cozy mystery.

And I do love a good cozy mystery! :-)



Deena is a like-able and believable main character. All the characters in this story are well developed. 

The plot moves along at a fast pace, with plenty of twists and turns, but not too many, just the right balance. 


I have read the second book and third book in this series: Sharpe Edge and Sharpe Mind and thoroughly enjoyed both of them too. 


If you like a cozy mystery with some actual substance, originality and an older, wiser but still "with it" main character, check out this series. 



One of the best I've read to date in this genre. 

***

From the Amazon product page:


"Burned-out high school teacher Deena Sharpe is ready for a change. She has no idea a fifty-year-old murder case is about to turn her life upside down. 


The Perry County Sheriff’s office has found a skeleton in the closet…literally. When they identify the man’s body fifty years after his disappearance, his family turns to Deena to uncover the truth about his murder. The clock begins ticking when she discovers a mysterious writer is about to implicate the victim in his latest conspiracy theory book. She must channel her inner super-sleuth to solve the puzzle and protect her family name. With the help of her off-beat brother and others from the cozy town of Maycroft, Texas, Deena takes on a quest that leads to more questions than answers. 

Sharpe Shooter is the first book in the Maycroft Mystery Series. With antique shopping, car chases, and ghosts in the night, the story will keep you guessing as you follow Deena on her quest for the truth. 

If you like a clean, cozy mystery, buy Sharpe Shooter today!" 

Overall rating for this eBook: Excellent. 5 out of 5

14 comments:

  1. Geraldine, I had to smile at older but still with it! A damp, part rain/part snow day for us. Enjoy your sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, It's what I'm aiming for LOL!!! Here's to sunshine on the way to you this week. Have a good one.

      Delete
  2. Sounds intriguing...hi, Geraldine!!!

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A really good cozy series Jan, all three books were well written and intriguing. :-)

      Delete
  3. Excellent review. From what you wrote here and also told me about this story, it sounds very good. I like the JFK connection that was part of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not a typical cosy mystery, it has a very intriguing and in some ways historical plot and held my interest right to the end. I'm really glad I noted this series on Amazon.

      Delete
  4. A good review for those looking for a cozy read. I am not a reader as I suffer from memory issues but I know many others will find this review helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to read of your memory issues Debbie.

      Cozy mysteries are a very popular genre. I've been hooked since I started reading them a few years ago.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like my kind of book. I will look out for it. I am having trouble with books though, if the print is too small I can't read it which makes it difficult if I want to buy from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you give this one a try Val. I love to find a series that I really enjoy and that was the case with all three of these books. :-)

      Hugs, G

      Delete
  6. This definitely sounds like my kind of book too...just the kind of read to take on holiday with me.
    I will check it out on Amazon.
    Many thanks for a great review, Geraldine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And is a holiday in your near future Ygraine? ;-) I hope so, you have certainly earned one.

      Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate that so much.

      Hugs and Happy Weekend, G

      Delete
  7. I love mysteries, and this one sounds good. I'll put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all 3 books in this series Sandy, all so interesting and rather unique for cozies too. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...