Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Horizons Past by Bill Stephens






I really enjoyed the novel: 


The characters are original and believable.

This is not the cookie-cutter type of romance novel that is all too prevalent now. 

No washboard abs or phoney, "doesn't ring true"  dialogue here. ;-)

The main character Trish, is a young movie actress who falls hard for a reclusive beachcomber, who is in his early sixties and is trying in vain to escape from his past and the demons that haunt him. When they first meet, Trish is badly in need of a break from tinsel town.

An intriguing and engaging plot from the first page to the last. Only a couple of passages that I found a bit far-fetched, but not enough to take away from the enjoyment of the story overall. 

And I loved the ending, it was perfection! 

And don't you just love when a book ends on the right note (whether it's happy or sad)? I sure do. 
All too often, otherwise good stories are ruined with a rushed and/or implausible ending. Author: Bill Stephens did a great job in that respect too.


Overall rating for this ebook: Very Good. 4 out of 5. 

4 comments:

  1. Interesting and good to know as always thanks a lot G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was such a good novel, I really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. I love a good book, and it's always nice to be read a great review of it.

    PS...look on my about page.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your book reviews, too! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...